Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Phone: 248.642.5400 or
Julie Trepeck is an experienced attorney who joined Resnick Law P.C. as an Associate after spending the first 11 years of her career in Chicago. Julie worked for several debtors’ rights firms before opening her own law practice in 2009. Upon moving back to Michigan, Julie sold her bankruptcy practice and joined Resnick Law to concentrate more on business/corporate law.
In this first part of her career, Julie focused on personal and small business bankruptcy where she personally filed over one thousand bankruptcy petitions. She has extensive experience in motion practice, debt management, proof of claims, adversary proceedings, FDCPA violations, lien stripping and avoidance of liens. Early on, as well as through her bankruptcy practice, Julie assisted and advised homeowners through foreclosure with options of forbearance, loan modification and other alternatives available to save their homes, giving her much experience working with large and small banks.
Additionally, Julie has experience in Buy-Sell Agreements, Operating Agreements, Membership/Shareholder Agreements, Mergers and other general business / corporate matters. In her own law practice she handled all aspects of her firm including compliance, processes, marketing and advertising, customer service, employment, accounting, licensure, registration and insurance.
Julie’s number one goal as an attorney is to provide exceptional service in a cost-effective way. Her solutions-oriented thinking brings a fresh outlook to the table.
Since joining Resnick Law, the focus of Julie’s career has been in commercial transactions, real estate and construction. Her unique understanding as an entrepreneur and former business owner brings a needed perspective to her general business practice which can involve initial decisions of entity choice, formation and operation; transactional services; drafting and reviewing contracts and buy/sell agreements; managing risk; succession planning; mergers and acquisitions; and dissolutions. Julie knows the time, effort, energy, challenges and money that it takes to run a successful business and her main objective is to see the business of her clients thrive.
Julie also assists in matters of commercial litigation; estate planning and probate; property tax appeals; and bankruptcy and foreclosure.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate – Transaction and Litigation
- Business Transactions and Sales
- Commercial Litigation
- Property Tax Appeals
- Debtor and Creditor
- Foreclosure Law
- Debt Settlement and Workouts
- Estate Planning and Probate
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Illinois State Bar, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Business Law Section of Michigan Bar, Member
- Real Property Section of Michigan Bar, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- National Association of Professional Women, Member
- Legal Row Networks, Member
- Leadership for Lawyers, Member
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, Member
- CALI Excellence Award in Legal Writing
- Named and Recognized as Illinois Rising Star by SuperLawyers Magazine/Chicago Magazine (2011-2014)
- Lead Counsel designation for Bankruptcy Law – Personal
- Recognized by Madison & Cambridge Who’s Who Registries of Executives, Professionals & Entrepreneurs for excellence in leadership and legal practice
- Tamarack Camps / Fresh Air Society
- Committee Member: Governance, Property, Finance & Development
- Member of Young Adult Advisory Board
- Member of Task Force for The Giving Tree Initiative
- Women of Tomorrow, Mentor & Guest Speaker on various topics including debt, credit cards and proper use of credit to high school women
- Mentor, University of Michigan LS&A College Connections Mentorship Program
- Brand Ambassador, Bump Club & Beyond of Metro Detroit & Ann Arbor
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology; Chicago, IL
- JD – 2005
- Honors: CALI Excellence Award in Legal Writing, Phi Delta Phi Honors Society, Dean’s List
- University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, MI
- BA (Political Science) – 2002
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science National Honor Society, Delta Epsilon Iota National Honor Society
- State Bar of Michigan (November 2006)
- Illinois State Bar (November 2005)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (January 2006)